History of Holmer Manor
Holmer Manor is a Neo-Victorian mansion with an interesting history.
Standing adjacent to the St Bartholomew church, Holmer Manor was originally accommodated by the vicar himself and members of the vicars choral.
The building, on Leominster road, was originally described as “small and pleasant” by locals and the choral themselves. Over time, however, a number of additional rooms such as a study and a drawing room were added to the building to create optional living and workspace.
By 1869, the house was occupied by Edward Arthur Evans, who made the decision to rebuild the original section of the house in a high Victorian style with striking red brick. The rebuild is believed to of been designed by George Haddon, a popular architect, having previously restored Holmer Church.
Holmer Manor was arranged to be demolished during the early 1990s but was instead extended further providing modern facilities including en-suite wet rooms, and turned into a nursing home. These further extensions resulted in a beautiful Victorian manor with secure gardens, spacious rooms and a number of easy access points.
Today, Holmer Manor accommodates up to 39 residents in a comfortable, welcoming and peaceful environment with inviting views of Holmer Church and it’s beautiful gardens.